I am passionate about digital. The accountability it gives, the challenges and opportunities it can create, the endless wrestle between creativity, data, and common sense to reap the best outcome it challenges us with, the ability to test, measure, optimise, and repeat; and it’s ever constant and forever rapidly evolving nature.
I have 11 years experience as a digital marketing professional spanning across multiple industry verticals both commercially (80%) and within the NFP space (20%), and have also sat both client and agency side. I have spent the last seven years working in Sydney, Australia, and have recently migrated back to the UK.
I’ve developed and implemented successful digital acquisition, optimisation, retention, brand, technology, and digital product strategies for brands such as Audi, Heineken, Shelter UK, M&C Saatchi, National Breast Cancer Foundation, Melanoma Institute Australia, Setanta Sports APAC, Nestle, Optus, and Weber.
‘Why’, asked several times over is at the core of everything I do and I always strive to put the customer/end user first.
- Strategic thinker who solves business challenges by embracing data, creativity, innovation, technology, and common sense.
- A passionate and innovative thought leader, confident communicator and effective driver of change.
- Results focused, delivering marketing campaigns against a varied set of KPI’s.
- Proven track record of successful international digital marketing campaigns where accountability, targets and timings are fundamental and the buck lies with me
- Launching and growing pay TV platform uptake of a new Pan-Asian HD sports channel from zero to 17 pay TV platforms within 10 countries, in 18 months
- Exceeded national subscription targets for Setanta’s coverage of Euro 2012 by 160%, whilst lowering the desired CPA by 74%
- Product development, branding and Asia-Pacific marketing launch of Setanta Sports Plus; Setanta’s multi-device iOS, Android, and desktop iplayer
- Increasing Coolpink’s annual revenue by £2.5 million over 18 months with high profile pitch wins and existing account development
- I am an Englishman (who previously) living in Bondi, Australia who (previously) surfs a lot. I love surfing.
- I try and follow the philosophy of making the most of each day. Guitar, Surfing, Music, Sport and Travelling are my passions; and Marketing, Psychology, Learning Spanish, and Motivational Life Coaching are my interests.
- I am addicted to personal development – this blog is one of my ways of doing that.
- I have travelled around the world for a year, learnt Spanish, and learnt even more about the amazing diversity on this earth.
- My favourite quotes are: “Knowledge is proud that it knows so much, wisdom is humble that is knows so little.” and “The choices you make not the chances you take determine your destiny.”
- 2:1 BSc Creative Music & Sound Technology
- DSDM Agile PM Foundation | APMG International
- Digital Analytics Fundamentals | Google Analytics Academy
- Google Analytics Platform Principles | Google Analytics Academy
- Ecommerce Analytics – From Data to Decisions | Google Analytics Academy
- The Introduction to Marketing | The Wharton School University of Pennsylvania
- Level A1 Spanish | Excela Spanish School – Buenos Aires
- Ethical Negotiation Skills | Pareto Law
- Professional Selling Skills | Pareto Law
- High Impact Presenting | Pareto Law
- Account Management | Pareto Law
Get connected with me:
Currently looking for work:
Having just moved back from Australia, I am currently looking for my next opportunity, be that full time, contract, or freelance. If you think I could be of value to your workforce then please contact me via my LinkedIn .